Thursday, March 4, 2010

Whisky Notes #2 Glenfiddich 15 year old Solara Reserve


Glenfiddich 15 year old Solara Reserve

Category: Single Malt 15 year old
Presentation: In a typical triangular Glenfiddich bottle with triangle cardboard tube for packaging with a card inside explaining the Glenfiddich line or products.


Tasting Notes:
Colour: Dark, copper colour, very clear
Nose: Fruit, spice, wood possibly oak.
Body: clings to glass leaves streaks seems good
Taste: Oak, spice, dried fruit or raisin, sherry.
Palate: Smooth, not harsh or unpleasant but a slightly bitter aftertaste. No recognizable smokiness or real aftertaste.

Final thoughts: Not a bad introduction it was the first whisky I bought and although I don’t regret it the others I’ve had so far have all been better (in terms of single malts).
It seems fairly inoffensive I cant rave about it though having had a few more to taste to compare it to. I'd still say its worth checking out especially if its on sale again.